19 May 2011

Home again, home again, jiggity jig

Well, this post has been a long time coming - I've been home for nearly three weeks now, and all at once, it feels as if I've just left Edinburgh and as if I went ages ago. I've gotten over my jetlag once and for all (thank goodness - I thought I was going to be on a 7 a.m.-10 p.m. schedule forever! And don't try to tell me that that is "normal"...I eschew typical waking hours; I'm in college!), and I've gotten used to the sad reality of being back in a small, rural town in the middle of nowhere: the lack of events, having to drive to get places rather than walk, etc. Not that it's all bad - I really like being home, aside from this unreal amount of rain we've had lately, because not only is it comfortable and familiar, but I get to spend time with people I love and catch up on me. I've been going through some old things in my room, visiting family and friends, reading a lot, and, as always, practicing my ukulele and singing, probably to the point of insanity of my parents at times. It's nice being back - I've had a lot of time to relax; and while I'm sure I'll be bored and ready to leave again soon, especially after my whirlwind last month abroad (see lack of blog entries as evidence), it feels good to be done with schoolwork and my internship and just chill for a while.

 Per usual, there are lots of thoughts in my head; so, in case anyone is wondering, I do intend to do at least a few make-up journals from my final travels. I go back down South in about three more weeks to start my intense and time-consuming summer job, so I can't guarantee much throughout the summer...but these next few weeks are pretty clear! Be on the lookout!

No comments:

Post a Comment