04 July 2009

Week 3

As Week 3 of Bridges to a Brighter Future comes to a close, I am forced to realize that our time together is nearly through. It's hard to believe that so much has happened in just 21 days...

This week began the karaoke competition which, in my humble opinion, was rigged. Bree and I watched "He's Just Not that into You" on Monday, which was fabulous. Also, performance poet Glenis Redmond (see blog title link) came to teach the students poetry for a few days. Her visit included a spectacular performance of her own at Tuesday's morning assembly and culminated with an impressive student poetry presentation before Tuesday evening's Life Skills workshop sessions.

Wednesday was field trip day: the Nus went to Sliding Rock in Pisgah National Forest, the Mus and Lambdas traveled to Charleston to see College of Charleston and Charleston School of Law, and I took the day off to sleep in and run some errands. Wednesday evening, I taught dance by myself to the Nus, which turned out better than I'd expected.

Speaking of dance - the talent show is coming up! Tuesday evening, our dance class along with other classes and individuals will perform. I'm so excited to watch them! I'll be sure to post about it.

Yesterday was a typical class day, as was today, until this evening. After students' electives, we kicked off the busiest weekend of Bridges - watch for me to recap it all Sunday night.

No comments:

Post a Comment